Are you a member of the American Studies Association? Did it speak for you when it declared an academic boycott of Israel?
It has put the resolution to a vote of the ASA membership, encouraging members to endorse the resolution, but agreeing to withdraw the resolution if a majority votes in opposition to the idea of an academic boycott of Israel.
Let your voice be counted. All voting must be completed by 11:59pm EST on December 15, 2013
- Members of the American Studies Association please vote NO to the resolution
- If you have a colleague, friend, neighbour, relative, etc. who is a member of the American Studies Association please encourage them to vote NO.
- Like and share Mark Rice’s letter (extra credit)
- Why I Am Opposed to an Academic Boycott of Israel, Mark Rice, Professor and chair of the Department of American Studies, St. John Fisher College, Rochester, New York, Huffington Post, COLLEGE, 6th December 2013
- American Studies Association endorses BDS (poster), Elder of Ziyyon, 4th December 2013
- What Does the American Studies Association’s Israel Boycott Mean for Academic Freedom? Michelle Goldberg, The Nation, 6th December 2013
- American Studies Association leaders endorse boycott of Israeli universities, JTA, Jerusalem Post, 5th December 2013