The Media discovers Rabbi Ovadia’s Friday night sermons
Rabbi Ovadia Yosef, former Sephardi Chief Rabbi and spiritual head of the Shas Party has spoken out. Israel rabbi calls for ‘plague’ on Mahmoud Abbas
Why is this a ‘major’ story when constant Arab and Muslim incitement is ignored?
- Ovadia Yosef is neither a member of Knesset, a member of the Government nor an appointed cabinet minister.
- The Shas Party he is associated with is only the fourth largest party in the coalition.
- For Your Interest: Likud 27 mandates – Yisrael Beitaynu 15 mandates – Labor 13 mandates – Shas 11 mandates – Habayit Hayehudi 3 mandates.
- Ovadia Yosef’s spiritual authority is limited to essentially the supporters of his party and nowhere else.
- Ovadia Yosef is famous for controversial statements .
- “The six million Holocaust victims were reincarnations of the souls of sinners, people who transgressed and did all sorts of things that should not be done. They had been reincarnated in order to atone.
- Following Hurricane Katrina in 2005, Rabbi Yosef blamed the tragedy on the Godlessness of New Orleans, on U.S. support for the Gaza disengagement, and on a general lack of Torah (i.e. Jewish religious study) study in the area.
- The Shas party opposes compulsary military service for yeshiva students and therefore only a limited number of Shas followers are in any position to be incited.
- It is only marginally represented over the Green Line.
- Not even the Palestinians take him seriously.
For your action: