Apparently the President of the United States thinks the biggest problem is not rogue states (read Iran) but terrorist organizations (read like Al Qaeda). We don’t know what these terrorist groups might have in common </SARC> but at least the POTUS didn’t call them militants.
- Obama highlights threat of nuclear terrorism (Independent)
- Al-Qaeda would use nuclear bomb on US: Obama (France 24)
- Terrorists are a greater nuclear threat to the world than rogue states, Obama tells summit (Mail Online)
- Netanyahu cancels trip to Obama’s nuclear summit (Vancouver Sun)
- Leaders of Britain, Israel Absent from Nuclear Summit (Associated Content)
- Turkish PM to urge world leaders to criticize Israeli nuclear arms [Hurriyet Daily News (Turkey)]
I’ve been writing:
Signing (actually acceding) to the Nonproliferation Treaty means giving up nuclear weapons.
Can someone explain to me what is the ethical calculation that allows China, Russia, France, the UK and the US having permission to have nukes under the NPT and no one else?
These five have been involved in major and minor wars for the last half century and have killed many, many more than Israel.