Win one for ScarJo
Unless you have been holidaying on the far side of the moon. you would have heard about a major BDS fail. Actress Scarlett Johansson’s standing up to NGO Oxfam, a major member of the Hate Israel Lobby, took a certain amount of courage.
Perhaps not raw physical courage. Still, as film maker Theo van Gogh R.I.P. and cartoonist Kurt Westergaard (under 24 hour police protection discovered to huge cost, the combat skills of a Natalia Romanova come in handy when you upset the crazies. More the moral courage to face the bullying of the self-righteous. Hollywood and New York, despite or maybe because of the presence of many Jews, is not the most pleasant place to support an Israeli company. Oxfam clearly thought that having to face the inevitable attacks at Hollywood parties would be enough to dissuade her.
They thought wrong.
Hopefully Ms. Johansson’s act of resolve and honesty will bring other closet Zionists out of the closet.
- Support Scarlett Johansson and let her know she is not alone. Like I support Scarlett Johansson against the Haters on Facebook.
- Tweet your support. I’m not sure which or any of these is official but even if fan sites they are probably monitored by her people:
- Scarlett Johansson @ScarIettJ
- Scarlett Johansson @ScarlettJOnline
- Scarlett Johansson @SJohanssonorg
- Vote in this poll: WATCH & VOTE: Scarlett Johansson’s SodaStream ad airs during Super Bowl, with slight change, Haaretz, 3rd February
- SodaStream is wrong target for Oxfam’s Israel boycott, Shlomi Eldar, Al-Monitor, 4th February 2014
- Jason Kenney weighs in on Scarlett Johansson’s SodaStream flap, The Canadian Press, CBC News, 3rd February 2014
- Scarlett Johansson hits back at critics over controversial SodaStream ad, Maria Tadeo, Independent Woman, 3rd February 2014
- Copy-Editing the Super Bowl Commercials: “Less Sugar, Less Bottles”?, Josh Levin, Slate, 2nd February 2014
- Human Rights or Dollar Signs? Maayana Miskin, Arutz Sheva, 2nd February 2014