The Road to Morocco
The Los Angeles Times article, ISRAEL: Officials find Morocco a tough room these days, is not hostile but it does leave some things out and, hopefully unintentionally, may lead to the wrong impression. Majalli Whbee is definitely not an ally of Tibi or Zoabi.
What did he actually say? Does anyone know?
Things to know about MK Majalli Whbee:
- Member of the mainstream Kadima party,
- Deputy speaker of the Knesset (Rivlin is the Speaker),
- Chair of the Israel-Spain Parliamentary Friendship League
- Lieutenant-Colonel in the IDF
- B.A. History of Islam, Hebrew University in Jerusalem
M.A. History of the New Middle East, Haifa University
- 16th Knesset: Deputy Minister in the Ministry in the Prime Minister’s Office & Deputy Minister of Education, Culture, and Sport
17th Knesset: Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs
I wrote in the comments that the appearance of an non Jewish member of Parliament, who is permitted to come to Morocco; criticise Israel and return safely was a much more effective response to the Israel Apartheid smears than whatever he said was harmful.
In case you were wondering about the 5-in-a-star icon. Whbee to the left – Rivlin to the right. No hidden message about the relative positions. These were the profile shots I found.