This is a condensed version. Please read the full statement at:
The Western nations, must stand together lest we fall together
Friends of Israel
Stand for Israel, Stand for the West
The Friends of Israel have joined together in a new international initiative on the basis of the following
- Israel is a Western country.
- Israel´s right to exist should not be questioned.
- Israel, as a sovereign country, has the right to self-defense.
- Israel is on our side.
- We believe in peace.
- We share the same threats and challenges.
- To combat the deligitimization of the State of Israel at home, abroad and inside the institutions of the international community.
- To publicly show our solidarity with Israel’s democratic institutions – the legitimate expression of the Jewish people’s millennial aspiration to live in peace and freedom in its national homeland.
- To support Israel’s inalienable right to secure borders unmolested by terrorists or tyrannical regimes so that its citizens can continue living with the same guarantees that our own societies enjoy.
- To consistently and firmly oppose the prospect of a nuclear armed Iran.
- To work to ensure that Israel is fully accepted as a normal Western country, an essential and indivisible part of the Western world to which we belong.
- To reaffirm the value of the religious, moral, and cultural Judeo-Christian heritage as the main source of the liberal and democratic Western societies.